It’s true, cryptocurrency is taking over the world after already making its mark in the world of physical art and objects. Sotheby’s announced that they will accept cryptocurrency for one of the earth’s rarest treasures, a massive 101.38-carat pear-shaped D Flawless diamond. It has an estimated value of US$10-15 million (HK$78-118 million), and according to Sotheby’s, no other physical object with this value has ever been publicly offered for purchase with cryptocurrency. Read more for a video and additional information.
The gem is officially called ‘The Key 10138’, and is the second largest pear-shaped diamond ever to appear on the public market. It will be offered in a single-lot live sale at Sotheby’s Hong Kong on July 9th, and although fiat will be accepted as is customary, payment in either Ether or Bitcoin will also be permissible through Coinbase Commerce, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges.
- SECURELY PROTECTS against hackers, viruses, keyloggers, and more. Simple backup that restores all device content in case of loss or theft. Super easy to use with a simple 3-step setup. Works for cold storage and, thanks to its mobile connectivity, as a hot wallet for whenever you need instant access to cryptocurrency, passwords, and keys.
- MAKE SECURE CRYPTOCURRENCY TRANSACTIONS without fear of hackers or malware gaining access to your assets. The private keys to your cryptoassets never leave the device. Eliminates the nightmare and endless hours of hassle a break-in can cause. The hardware wallet creates a secure offline environment, completely isolated from the internet and its dangers. Trezor uses its screen to let you visually verify and manually confirm all actions.
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE with Windows, macOS, and Linux. Trezor provides everything you need to fully enjoy and utilize modern cryptography to secure your digital assets. Comes with clear instructions and a USB cable. Ready to plug in and use immediately. This is the affordable protection you need when using cryptocurrency.
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT sized at just 2.4 x 1.2 x 0.2 inches. Weighs less than half an ounce. Perfect for carrying in a briefcase, backpack, purse, or pocket. Sports a 120 MHz embedded ARM processor Cortex M3 running a custom developed system. The bright OLED screen is 128x64 pixels with up to 6 lines of text. Lets you see all your information in a single screen.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ensures this will quickly become your favorite no-risk purchase. Please return unused. This makes a fine birthday gift, holiday present, or anniversary gift for anyone who values exceptional security for confident, no stress crypto transactions.
- Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet: allows you to send and receive crypto assets, securely and conveniently. Your Ledger hardware wallet can easily be connected into a computer and managed through the Ledger Live companion app. The Ledger Nano S keeps your private keys protected
- Secure: Your confidential data is never exposed: it is stored inside a strongly isolated Secure Chip, and locked by an 8 digit PIN code
- Multicurrency: enables you to manage multiple assets on the same device, and supports over 30 cryptocurrencies and all ERC20 tokens
- Easy to use: designed around an intuitive user experience. check and confirm transactions on the built-in display and confirm with using the two physical buttons (anti-malware second factor verification)
- Backup & restore: Your accounts are backed up on a recovery sheet, and can easily be restored on any Ledger device or compatible wallet (BIP39/BIP44)
Diamonds are keys to understanding the history of the Earth, reminding us of our human condition and the transcendental power of beauty. With the name ‘The Key 10138’, we wanted to celebrate this enlightening virtue, while also alluding to the crucial function of digital keys in the world of NFTs and cryptocurrency,” said Wenhao Yu, Deputy Chairman of Sotheby’s Jewellery in Asia.