T-Mobile partnered with MLB to give fans an all-new 5G experience at the 2021 Home Run Derby on July 12 at 8pm PST. You’ll be able to enjoy live, first-person views of batting practice and the event itself, thanks to 5G-integrated POV cameras mounted on players’ hats as well as catchers’ masks. This technology virtually places fans right in the middle of the action at Coors Field, and marks the first time EVER 5G-embedded wearable cameras are being integrated into a professional sports league event. Read more for a preview of the POV cam and additional information.
The cameras by ActionStreamer are the first-ever to deliver live, synchronized HD video and audio media over 5G. That’s not all, T-Mobile announced that they will donate $10,000 for each home run hit with a magenta ball during bonus time during the T-Mobile Home Run Derby to the T-Mobile Little League Call Up Grant Program.
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- Action camera with 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to shoot 4K HDR videos.
- 8x Slow Motion: Capture every epic move with jaw-dropping clarity and detail when you use 8x slow motion with 1080p resolution and 240fps. Time-lapse: Condense time and movement for stunning, easy-to-achieve results. Charging Time: 90 mins
- 11m Waterproof, -10℃ Temperature Resistant Sporting a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters, making it the perfect underwater companion. Versatile batteries perform well even in extremely cold environments with temperatures as low as -10℃.
We’re excited to show everyone what an amazing 5G network can do by putting fans smack-dab in the middle of the All-Star Week action— and not just T-Mobile customers, but ALL baseball fans, all across the country. We’ll continue partnering with MLB to reinvent new fan experiences unlocked by our 5G network, through the MLB AR app and beyond, so fans can truly see what the future of baseball could look like. It’s going to be epic, and this is only the beginning!,” said Mike Sievert, CEO of T-Mobile.