SpaceX and NASA’s first launch attempt was canceled due to weather, and today, storms loomed as well with the odds of acceptable conditions at 50-50 for the 3:22 p.m. liftoff of the 270-foot Falcon 9. Thankfully, everything is on schedule, making this the first launch of astronauts – Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken – into orbit by a private company. Read more for the live feed and additional information.
SpaceX and NASA teams monitored the weather at Kennedy Space Center, all the way up the Eastern Seaboard and across the North Atlantic to Ireland. ince the space shuttle was decommissioned in 2011, NASA has used Russian spacecraft launched from Kazakhstan to send U.S. astronauts to and from the International Space Station.
- Build an exciting space shuttle toy model that offers plenty of imaginative action possibilities and a Mars rover with articulated grappling arm to retrieve geodes!
- Includes 2 LEGO City Mars astronaut minifigures, plus a helidrone and storage drone
- Research shuttle measures over 3-inch (9cm) high, 9-inch (23cm) long and 8-inch (21cm) wide Mars rover measures over 1-inch (5cm) high, 2-inch (7cm) long and 2-inch (6cm) wide Helidrone measures over 1-inch (4cm) long and 1-inch (3cm) wide Storage drone measures over 1-inch (3cm) high and 1-inch (3cm) long Mars scenery build measures over 1-inch (3cm) wide
- 273 pieces –Astronaut construction toy for boys and girls aged 5+ and for fans of LEGO toys and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Mars Research Shuttle 60226 outer space toy set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO toys and LEGO bricks for more creative play
I would be lying to you if I told you I wasn’t nervous. We want to do everything we can to minimize the risk, minimize the uncertainty, so that Bob and Doug will be safe,” said NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine before the launch attempt.