Elon Musk’s SpaceX successfully launched an additional 60 Starlink satellites into orbit today (April 22nd) and made a perfect rocket landing at sea to complete the mission. The Falcon 9 rocket lifted off at 3:30 p.m. EST from Launch Pad 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center here, marking the 84th Falcon 9 flight. Read more for the launch video and additional information.
The flight today is the seventh operational Starlink mission, bringing the number of satellites launched thus far for the nascent internet broadband network up to a grand total of 422. SpaceX CEO Elon Musk states the company has plans to de-orbit its two Starlink test satellites, which launched as part of a rideshare mission in 2018. The minimum number of 400 Starlink satellites have been met, which means the company can begin rolling out minimal internet coverage, but at least 800 are required to provide moderate coverage.
- Build a multi-stage rocket and large transport crawler with launch pad, plus a truck with grappling arm to load a rover into the rocket, rover lab and launch control building with loads of role-play possibilities!
- Includes 7 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 ground crew technicians, a Launch Director, scientist, lab mechanic and a robot figure, plus a rover with extending arm and drill and an assembly frame building
- Rocket laying down measures over 3-inch (8cm) high, 16-inch (43cm) long and 5-inch (13cm) wide Transport crawler measures over 4-inch (12cm) high, 11-inch (29cm) long and 5-inch (15cm) wide Assembly frame building measures over 8-inch (21cm) high, 11-inch (28cm) wide and 4-inch (12cm) deep Rover garage measures over 4-inch (12cm) high, 7-inch (18cm) wide and 7-inch (19cm) deep Launch control measures over 4-inch (12cm) high, 5-inch (15cm) wide and 2-inch (6cm) deep
- 1055 pieces – Space toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans of LEGO rocket ships and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Rocket Assembly & Transport 60229 cool toy for kids makes a great NASA-inspired gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and bricks for more creative play