Ever wonder how some of those silent films from the early 1900s achieved some of their special effects? If so, then look no further than this segment by movie blogger Pedro Cinemaxunga, who has compiled numerous of these segments and broke them down. First up, we have “Safety Last! (1923)”, in which the image of Harold Lloyd clutching the hands of a large clock as he dangles from the outside of a skyscraper above moving traffic is the most well known. Read more for the video and additional information.
These films did not have computers or green screen sets at their disposal, so they had to get creative with the camera itself, along with a few custom sets. The clock set you see in “Safety Last!” was built atop the 9-story building at 908 S. Broadway, straight across from the Blackstone Building. As you can see, Harold was in no danger at all during the filming of the scene, thanks to creative camera angles and a custom set.
- ☀ Gift for Children: Mini projector is a must-have product for children to watch cartoons and videos, which is very popular with children. When viewed from a distance with a projector, it can project a maximum of 150 inches (Recommended 60-100 inches). Keeping children away from mobile phones and iPads can protect children's eyes.
- ☀ Small and Portable: Mini video projector is small and portable, and can be carried in a pocket or bag. Even children can hold it easily. You can enjoy movies, videos and games no matter at home or in the outdoor courtyard, travel, camping and other location.
- ☀ Upgrade Performance: YG300 Pro upgraded in 2020, support 1080P full HD and the natural resolution have increased to 640*360. Improve the brightness and color saturation of the projected picture to make the picture clearer and more comfortable (dark room is better).
- ☀ Multiple Interface: Small projector is equipped with multiple ports, including HDMI, USB, audio, Micro SD, TF and AV interfaces. It can be easily connected to multiple media devices, such as TV boxes, laptops, desktop computers, digital cameras, HDMI-enabled devices to play video, TV series, photos sharing and games etc.
- ☀ Power Bank supply: The mini portable projector is powered by a power adapter (does not have a built-in battery), It can also be powered by mobile phone charger, car charger or power pack via micro-USB interface (need to support 5V/2.5A), enjoy anytime, anywhere.
How some cool silent film effects were done. In Silent movies, effects had to be done in camera. Enjoy these amazing feats of engineering,” said Pedro.