The DriveTribe’s Mike Fernie was lucky enough to get behind the wheel of a Time Burton-style 1989 Batmobile, powered by a Chevy-sourced 5.7L V8 producing 380 hp. As you’re about to see, this particular replica requires a driver that is at least 6-feet-tall due to the height of the massive hood. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it does not come equipped with any of the weapons seen in the movie. Read more for the video.
For those wondering, the actual vehicle you see in Batman / Batman Returns featured two M1919 Browning machine guns hidden behind flaps in each fender. Its grappling hook, once hooked on a structure, doubles as an anchor to allow the Batmobile to make an extremely sharp turn at high speed that its pursuers typically cannot duplicate. It utilized superhydraulics for course changes, and a side-mounted batdisc ejector that could fire precisely 15 Batdiscs in the 1-second pulse.
- Build a stunning LEGO version of the iconic Batmobile from the 1989 Batman movie, featuring a slide-open, dual minifigure cockpit and 2 hidden machine guns with a pop-up function, then show it off on the rotating model car display stand
- This display model includes 3 LEGO minifigures: a Batman figure with a cape, The Joker action figure with a gun and Vicki Vale figure with a buildable camera, plus a brick-built minifigure display stand
- Collectible LEGO Batmobile toy car measures over 4” (12cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide
- 3,306 pieces – Batmobile model car kit for all ages 16+ and a top holiday gift for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO DC Batman 1989 Batmobile 76139 super-hero car toy can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play