Let’s face it, even the most secure locks can be picked by professionals, but is there such a thing as an unpickable lock? Shane from Stuff Made Here just might have built one. Standard pin tumbler locks can be picked by lifting or bumping the pins while placing tension on the cylinder pins. This innovative design prevents the pins from being set in an unlocked position individually, by locking them in the position they are set, thus preventing someone from bumping them. Read more for a video showing the build and additional information.
Many of the parts had to be fabricated many times, and the pin holding mechanism was the biggest issue, as it just did not work consistently. Once completed, Shane hired a local locksmith to see if he could pick it, and using all known techniques, was unable to do so. Unfortunately (or fortunately), this lock is just a concept and will not go into production anytime soon.
- Works with Alexa for voice control. Wireless requirements - 2.4GHertz Wi-Fi network. Connect Wi-Fi Bridge included.
- Control and monitor your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock your door, control, keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone. Alexa can also provide notifications when your battery is running low so you can proactively replace them. Set up smart reorders through dash replenishment to make sure you always have replacement batteries when you need them.
- Be sure you’re secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked. Holding force: 600 pounds.
- Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 activity feed.
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt; Use your existing keys at any time. Requires 110 to 240 volts.