The Virgin Hyperloop will change the way we travel, as this variant of the vacuum train is proposed to use a linear electric motor to accelerate and decelerate an air-bearing levitated pod through a low-pressure tube. This enables it to glide silently for miles at speeds up to 760 mph with little to no turbulence. It would be fully autonomous, quiet, direct-to-destination and on-demand. The track could be built as columns or tunneled underground, thus eliminating the dangers of at-grade crossings. Read more for a preview of what the passenger experience is going to be like.
Virgin Hyperloop successfully conducted the first human trial after 400 unmanned tests with Virgin Hyperloop executives Josh Giegel, its Chief Technology Officer, and Sara Luchian, Director of Passenger Experience as the first passengers at a speed of 107 mph at the Virgin Hyperloop’s DevLoop test site in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 8, 2020. The current planned route, with the train suspended by magnetic systems in a vacuum tube, runs from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
- This LEGO Crocodile Locomotive (10277) model kit is perfect for adults looking to build a vintage locomotive model or for anyone who loves trains and is looking for their next hobby project
- Enjoy a rewarding challenge as you bring this buildable model train to life, then explore the features and functions packed into this set, which celebrates the classic Crocodile Locomotive train
- Discover amazing details with authentic features true to the original Crocodile Locomotive; The 2 LEGO minifigures with tools, display track and plaque provide lots to explore after building the classic train
- Ideal for model train fans, railway enthusiasts and LEGO lovers, this building kit for adults makes a creative gift or birthday present to transport building fans to a world of total relaxation
- This train model measures over 6” (16cm) high, 20.5” (52cm) long and 3.5” (8cm) wide, making it a beautiful display piece to show off with pride
Virgin Hyperloop can accelerate the future of mobility on land. The new mode of travel at supersonic speed rethinks transportation and the perception of space, landscape, time, and distance. In this day and age, Virgin Hyperloop taking off from our portals provides holistic, intelligent transportation for a globalized community to travel across vast distances in a safer, cleaner, easier, and faster way than airlines,” said Bjarke Ingels, Founder & Creative Director, BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group.