Volcon ePowersports introduces a new two-wheeled, child-friendly model, called the “Runt.” Not just a toy, this bike is capable of traversing all-terrains, complete with three riding modes that allow you to customize the experience based on the riders’ abilitie, app-driven geo-fencing controls, remote monitoring, performance limiters and even tip-over notifications. This means parents have peace of mind when their kids are out riding. Read more for additional pictures, a bonus video and additional information.
The seats and handlebars can be adjusted with different heights to enable the bike to grow with the child. A full charge on any household outlet gives you 35-miles of range. No word yet on availability, but pricing begins at $2,995 USD, although you’ll have to pay extra for additional seat and handlebar accessories in addition to the ones that come standard.
- Powered by a 650 watt high-torque, chain-driven motor on a steel trellis-frame Chassis design and street geometry with low profile windscreen
- Features custom 14 inch 10-spoke mag wheels and street tires, rear suspension, Variable speed twist-grip throttle, and hand-operated rear disc brakes
- 36V (three 12V) sealed lead acid Rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 50 minutes of continuous use
- Ages: 16 and up | Max weight 170 lbs | Max speed: 17 mph
- Also, includes adjustable angle riser style handlebars, soft rubber grips, retractable kickstand, folding foot pegs, and hidden storage compartment
With the addition of the Runt, the entire family can experience off-road powersports adventures through Volcon’s two and four-wheeled models. The no-clutch, single-speed, electric powertrain is easier for young riders to learn and the new app-based controls will give parents the ability to monitor their children and regulate the power of the motorcycle. The Runt paired with our Grunt will bring new families into the freedom and fun that off-road powersports provides,” said Andrew Leisner, Chief Executive Officer of Volcon Inc.