Latvia-based design studio Zeltini, led by designer Aigars Lauzis, created Z-Triton, which combines tricycle, tiny home, and electric boat, into one. You can’t buy one yet, but the studio plans on renting out the vehicle by 2021. After you’re done cycling, the wheels fold up to let you safely take the vehicle from land to water. On land, the front resembles a tricycle, with a bike seat for the driver, but when in water, the back then becomes the boat’s stern. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
This amphibious vehicle has plenty of room for two adults, and there’s even a kitchen should you decide to camp out for the weekend by a lake. When Z-Triton is pre-charged, you travel for 24.8-miles (40 kilometers) over land and then you can go for another 6.2-miles (10 kilometers) on water. Then you simply need to find a place to charge it, and you’ll be able to keep going.
- Powered by a twist-grip, variable-speed, throttle, high-torque, chain-driven motor that delivers speeds up to 14 mph (22 km/h)
- Features a trellis-frame chassis design with authentic street-bike inspired styling for a bold mix of style and performance
- Hand-operated, rear disc brake provides stopping power, combined with pneumatic tires and custom 12”, 3-spoke, mag wheels
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up to 30 minutes of continuous use. Assembled Product Dimensions-43.7 x 22.8 x 29.5 inches
- Additional features include double-crown fork, shatter-resistant fairings, adjustable-angle, riserstyle handlebars with soft, rubber grips and a retractable kickstand
So, it pretty much allows you to go continuously over land and water. It just gives you a unique experience because there’s no other such thing. Obviously, you can really be immersed in nature. You don’t need to rely on anything else,” said Aigars Lauzis.