Choo-San, a college student and artist who resides in Japan, uses acrylic paints to create mind-bending 3D body modification illusions. That’s right, none of these were digitally manipulated in Photoshop or similar programs. Continue reading to see more.
5 Interesting art facts:
- During Renaissance and particularly in 1500s artistic painting was not considered a suitable occupation for a gentleman. Since painting involved working with hands, artists were considered craftsmen and were given the same social standing as tailors or shoemakers.
- Michelangelo Buonarroti’s father Lodovico was horrified when he found out that Michelangelo decided to become an artist. Michelangelo was often beaten by his father and uncles when he first began to draw. Lodovico was proud of his ancestry and he worried that an artist in the family will bring the family a disgrace.
- Pablo Picasso was considered a suspect in the theft of Mona Lisa in 1911. He was arrested and questioned after his friend Guillaume Apollinaire pointed a finger at Picasso. Both were later cleared and released.
- Vincent Van Gogh produced more than 2000 works during his life time: approx. 900 paintings and 1100 drawings and sketches. Although he is now considered one of the greatest artists of all times he was undervalued and only sold one painting during his life time.
- Leonardo Da Vinci was left handed and his personal notes were written in mirror writing starting from the right side of the page to the left.