Technically speaking, a safe is a secure lockable box used for storing valuable objects against theft and/or damage from fire. Modern versions are usually a hollow cuboid or cylinder, with one face being removable or hinged to form a door. However, back in the 1800s, things were a bit different as you’re about to see. This particular safe from France requires multiple keys and moving several ordered switches before the door pops open. Read more for a video and additional information.
On a related note, did you know that English inventors Charles and Jeremiah Chubb in Wolverhampton, England, received a patent for a burglar-resisting safe and began a production of safes back in 1835. The Chubb brothers had made locks since 1818, and believe it or not, Chubb Locks was an independent company until 2000 when it was sold to Assa Abloy.
- LOOKS LIKE A REAL BOOK: The hardest things to find are often hidden in plain sight. Thanks to our unique book design, this safe will blend seamlessly into your bookshelf or coffee table! The hardback exterior and ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION RESIN simulated book pages and hard back book
- SECURE 3-DIGIT COMBINATION LOCK: The Ohuhu Book Safe keeps your valuable safe with a state of the art, 3-number combination lock. No keys necessary! Just set your code, write it down in a safe place, and re-shuffle the numbers to keep thieves at bay
- UPDATE MATERIAL AND PORTABILITY: Made of great materials, the lock is made by zinc alloy, much sturdier and hard to break than the plastic ones. This book-like safe box is compact and lightweight enough so that can be slipped into your briefcase, backpack for business trip or personal travels
- NICE AND ROOMY: At 9.56 x 6.22 x 2.2 inch, this book safe offers plenty of valuable storage space. You will be able to store your jewelry, important documents, and more. It is even big enough for a handgun!
- SATISFACTION SERVICE: At Ohuhu, your satisfaction is our priority. We're confident you'll love our book safe, but we'd love to hear from you if you encounter any problems. Call our customer service for assistance!