Bentley’s 2021 Continental GT3 Pikes Peak racer, based on the company’s race- and championship-winning car, powered its way through the 12.42-mile course running on a biofuel-based gasoline. Unfortunately, Rhys Millen’s time of 6:36.281 across the shortened course, due to icy conditions as well as engine issues, was only good enough for second place in the Time Attack 1 class. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Due to snow and ice near the summit, Pikes Peak officials had to move the finish line lower down on the mountain to 3895 meters at Devil’s Playground, slicing off the last third of the normal course, thus making it nearly impossible for Bentley to break the Time Attack record. It’s powered by a 750HP twin-turbocharged 4.0L V8 engine, modified to run on 98RON renewable racing fuel.
- A stunning build for supercar fans, the LEGO Technic McLaren Senna GTR 42123 model building kit is packed with realistic details inspired by the iconic original
- Check out this supercar toy model’s authentic features, like the detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and dihedral doors that open ‘up and out' in the unmistakable style of the real McLaren
- Enjoy steering the McLaren toy car using the wheel on top
- This set makes a great choice for kids aged 10 and up who’d love to build and display their own McLaren race car
- This awesome track-focused supercar toy model looks great on display and is sure to capture the imagination of any kid or adult with a passion for supercars, motorsport and McLaren
We are delighted to be returning to Pikes Peak for a third time – now powered by renewable fuel, as the launch project for another new element of our Beyond100 programme. Our powertrain engineers are already researching both biofuels and e-fuels for use by our customers alongside our electrification programme – with intermediate steps of adopting renewable fuels at the factory in Crewe and for our company fleet. In the meantime, the Continental GT3 Pikes Peak will show that renewable fuels can allow motorsport to continue in a responsible way, and hopefully it will capture the third and final record in our triple crown,” said Dr Matthias Rabe, Bentley’s Member of the Board for Engineering.