An auto-aiming NERF blaster may not be practical, that is unless…you hold annual office wars using these toys, but the idea of one is most certainly intriguing. One gamer who goes by “3D Printed Life” online, decided to make it a reality. First, he started with a borrowed design from a catalog of open source NERF guns, and then modified it to include a two-axis gimbal between the lower as well as upper section. Read more for a video and additional information.
Everything is powered by a pair of stepper motors running an Arduino microprocessor. For accurate aiming, a camera module located on a Raspberry Pi mini computer running OpenCV – a computer vision library – was added. When the trigger is half-pressed, OpenCV begins tracking whatever was at the center of the frame and automatically adjusts the gimbal to keep the object in frame until the user fires. The trigger mechanism is comprised of two microswitches that activate a servo to release the sear, while also being capable of tracking a moving target or face that comes into view.
- The X-PLUS 3D Printer Kit comes with two different types of extruder assembly. The extruder A had already been installed on the printer. The max printing temperature is 250C, and it can works well with PLA, ABS, TPU. For extruder B, free to you if you need. The maximum printing temperature is 300C, and can print Nylon, Carbon Fiber, PC. (The latest development, free trial).
- The X-PLUS with pioneered creation of two different ways for placing the filament. Ventilative printing or enclosed constant temperature printing for you to choose when printing the different types of filament.
- Latest slicer software version 5.6.4: Redesigned UI interface of QIDI software is smarter and more convenient to operate. It has changed the software's slicing algorithm and improves the print quality by 30 percent and speed by 20 percent. The QIDI software is compatible with all types of QIDI printer, life-time free, an alternative to paid software.(If yours is the old version, please download the latest version on QIDI official website).
- Double Z-axis driver, ensures more stable and more precise printing quality when you print large model size. Higher configuration 3D printer.
- Backed by with One-to-one QIDI TECH service. If you have queries about 3D Printer, feel free to contact our exclusive and fast support service team, we'll reply back to you within 24 hours. Free One-year warranty is also guaranteed.