Xander Backus may not be able to get his driver’s license yet, but that didn’t stop his father Sterling from 3D-printing a Lamborghini Aventador replica. You may have seen the black-colored version some time ago, and we’re happy to report that it has received a fresh coat of paint to give it an Aventador SVJ-inspired look. Its plastic body panels were manufactured using a 3D printer in numerous sections before being adhered together. Carbon fiber was then added to strengthen the chassis. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Sure, it’s not powered by a V12 engine, just a Corvette-sourced mid-mounted V8 that offers plenty of power for getting around town and to car shows. The racing seats and Wilwood brakes ensure that the vehicle can still stop on a dime if necessary. Best of all, Backus has spent less than $75,000 USD to date on this project.
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
- 【Outstanding prints and ultra accuracy】Brand new light source structure provides more even UV light emission and working together with 2K mono LCD, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the 3D printed models are fascinating.
- 【Sturdy build quality】CNC machined aluminum body makes Mars 2 a very formidable machine. Newly-designed build plate has a much stronger adherence during printing and enables consistent printing success.
- 【Multi language interface】Mars 2 now supports 12 kinds of languages so customers across the world could operate the 3D printer more conveniently without barriers. The newly added 10 languages are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Portuguese.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD (FEP film is excluded).