Engineers at France-based Micrlight3D have 3D-printed the world’s smallest Millennium Falcon, and it measures just 100 microns long. To be more specific, it’s exactly 70.8-micrometers wide, 23.4-micrometers tall and was made with a printing resolution of 200nm. The team used a µFAB-3D-Advanced system that 3D prints a new polymer material developed by the company which works with a green laser that operates at 532nm, a higher resolution than traditional red laser systems. Read more for more tiny Star Wars creations that Microlight3D created.
The Millennium Falcon was printed in 50 minutes with 10 minutes in a solvent bath to develop. They did not have to pre-bake or post-bake, thanks to the two-photon polymerization (2PP) technology used in Microlight3D’s micro-manufacturing machines, the culmination of 15 years of fundamental research at the University of Grenoble Alpes (UGA). Its sub-nanosecond green laser pulses are combined with a non-linear laser-polymer interaction to create ultra narrow and reproducible voxels that can be positioned, and moved freely, anywhere in the volume of polymer.
- Self-developed Silent Motherboard: The Ender-3 V2 built-in self-developed silent motherboard, which has stronger anti-interference, faster and more stable motion performance, silent printing and low decibel operation.
- UL Certified MeanWell Power Supply: Equipped with MeanWell power supply, produced by the listed company with mature technology, meeting all the needs of fast heating and long-time printing. Moreover, the power supply is concealed in the machine, making it much safer.
- Effortless Filament Feed-in: Ender-3 V2 adds a rotary knob on the extruder, making loading and feeding filament process much easier; Brand new operation UI system and 4.3" smart color screen greatly improve user experience.
- Resume Printing Function: Ender-3 V2 can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages, saving your time and reducing waste.
- Carborundum Glass Platform: Enable the hotbed heat up quicker and prints adhere better without the warping. Ultra smoothness even on the first layer.
SPS has highly-competent sales teams that are well-established in many countries as suppliers of innovative tools and customized solutions for the semiconductor industry. With SPS, greater numbers of customers will have access to the Polos-mPrinter. Its affordability for researchers and industrial designers and ease of use will also become more widely recognized,” said Denis Barbier, CEO of Microlight3D.