Photo credit: Daniel Chipman
Daniel Chipman from Ontario, Canada was left severely disabled after a motorcycle crash, but he didn’t let that stop him from building an incredible racing simulator right in his living room. First, he spent approximately one year gathering parts from various Subaru vehicles, all the while recovering from fractures to his leg, pelvis, wrist, shoulder and arm, which were sustained in a terrible motorcycle accident. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
After getting the parts, he needed to piece everything together, including installing a few custom screens as well as a projector for the authentic racing experience. Even though this project is now complete, his love for cars has only grew and he’s ready to open up a real shop to celebrate automotive art.
- Works on Xbox series X, Xbox one and PC - Driving force is designed for the latest racing game titles for your Xbox series X or Xbox one console
- Works on Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC - Driving force is designed for the latest racing game titles for your Xbox Series X or Xbox One console. Add driving force to your controller selection and you may never want to race with a regular controller again. G920 driving force pro also works on PC with select titles
- Realistic force feedback - G920 driving force is engineered with dual-motor force feedback that is designed to realistically simulate the feel of your car and tires on every turn and type of terrain so you can sense under- or oversteer, drifting and more. With helical gears modeled after the gearing used in car transmissions, you get exceptionally smooth, quiet and precise steering action. Anti-backlash tensioning keeps the wheel and pedals tight, maximizing your control
- Quality construction - With solid steel ball bearings in the wheel shaft and stainless steel paddle shifters and pedals, driving force is built for precision racing and long-lasting reliability. The wheel is covered in high-quality, hand-stitched leather, giving it the look and feel of a high-performance racecar wheel and giving you a more comfortable, durable experience. Durable built-in clamps and bolt points allow driving force to be mounted securely to a table or racing rig to minimize shifting or wobbling during aggressive maneuvers
- Easy-access game controls - The D-Pad and console buttons are conveniently located on the wheel for seamless access to racing controls, while the semi-automatic paddle shifters help you execute smooth, accurate gear transitions on hairpin turns and straightaways. Glass-filled nylon mounting clamps
- COMPACT, EASY TO MOVE, EASY TO STORE AWAY
- GEAR SHIFTER MOUNT INCLUDED FOR EITHER LEFT OR RIGHT HAND SIDE USE
- ALL MOUNTING HARDWARE AND TOOLS INCLUDED. READY TO USE RIGHT OUT THE BOX
- ELECTRONIC CONTROLS AND ADD-ON OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES SOLD SEPARATE. DESIGNED, ASSEMBLED AND PACKAGED WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL IN USA
I was in a really serious motorcycle accident. I couldn’t do much so with the love I have for cars, Subaru’s and all the car parts I had lying around my home,” said Daniel.