Making your own remote-controlled boat isn’t anything new, but thanks to 3D-printing, the process has gotten a lot more high-tech. RCLifeOn decided to go the extreme route and not only print a jet boat, but install a 5000W brushless motor, a significant power upgrade for something that weighs in at under 4.4-pounds. It’s powered by a 12S lithium battery pack and equipped with a water jacket for cooling, driven through an off-the-shelf turbine. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Things didn’t go perfectly, as coupling the motor to the turbine presented some issues, but eventually, RCLifeOn figured that dasiy chaining two off-the-shelf parts together would solve that issue. Once completed, the 5000W brushless motor showed just how much power it had by blasting through the water with ease.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.