Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit (Luigi Set) for the Nintendo Switch turns any room into a circuit, and you can get one for $90.53 shipped, today only, originally $99.99. The game includes one kart, four gates, two arrow signboards that can be used to design courses and a USB charging cable. The game itself comes in the form of a free download from Nintendo eShop, which syncs up with the physical kart hardware once used on the console. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Use your Nintendo Switch system to control a real-life Mario Kart
- Create a course in your home by placing gates and watch the race come to life on screen in augmented reality
- The kart will react as you boost, hit items and drift around the course
- Unlock in-game environments, gates, costumes and more as you play
- Up to 4 players can race around the house together (additional games, systems and karts required; Sold separately)
To set up your own game course, simply place the four gates around your living space, then drive through each of them in turn to create a circuit layout. It is recommended that you set the course up on an area of roughly 12’ x 10’ for the best gameplay experience. Grand Prix is the main mode, which lets you face off against the Koopalings across eight Grand Prix cups, a total of 24 different races in all. You’ll be able to grab power-ups, like a Mushroom to give the physical kart a speed boost, whereas getting hit by a Red Shell will stop the kart in its tracks.
Get your engines revved up for Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit. Whether you’ve always dreamed of turning your living room into Rainbow Road or want to prove once and for all that you’re the fastest racer among your friends and family, we hope this new Mario Kart experience brings smiles to people of all ages,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.