Samsung’s 500GB T5 Portable SSD fits in your pocket, and can be picked up for $79.99 shipped, today only, originally $109.99. It offers fast speeds of up to 540 MB/s, which is up to 4.9 times faster than traditional portable HDDs. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Superfast read write speeds: SSD with V-NAND offers ultra-fast data transfer speeds of up to 540MB/s (up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs); Ideal for transferring large-sized data including 4K videos, high-resolution photos, games and more
- Compact and portable design: Top to bottom shock resistant metal design fits in the palm of your hand and easily slides in your pocket or purse to take work and entertainment on the go
- Secure encryption: Optional password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure
- Seamless connectivity: Includes USB type C to C and USB type C to A cables to connect to PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices
- Warranty and compatibility: 3-year limited warranty; Requires Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Android 4.4 (KitKat), or higher; Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported
Plus, the T5 is smaller than an average business card, measuring in at 74 x 57.3 x 10.5 millimeters (3.0 x 2.3 x 0.4 inches) and weighing just 51 grams, making it perfect to carry around in a pocket. Its shock-resistant internal frame can withstand accidental drops of up to 6.6-feet.
Samsung has been pushing the envelope of what is possible in portable storage and solid state drives for years, and the Portable SSD T5 continues our legacy of leadership and innovation. We are confident that the T5 will exceed consumers’ expectations for external storage by offering faster speeds and a solid design that is lightweight and conveniently pocket-sized. It is the ideal portable storage product for consumers and professionals who are in search of a fast, durable and secure device,” said Un-Soo Kim, Senior Vice President of Brand Product Marketing, Memory Business at Samsung Electronics.