Nintendo may already be well underway on a Super Mario 64 remaster for the Switch, but there are definitely no plans on a PC port. Fortunately, several modders have already released HD mods for the fan-made PC port that was taken down by Nintendo recently. This particular mod upscales textures using artificial intelligence-powered neural networks. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Yes, one of these mods also swaps out the original Mario with an HD version, without touching the worlds. There’s no official word on if this is a newly drawn character or if the 3D model was swapped in from a different Wii or Switch game, but one thing’s for sure, the famous plumber never looked better in this classic game. The HD Texture Packs however use AI techniques to improve the textures.
- Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming at a great price
- For every member of your family, there’s a member of ours
- Optimized for personal, handheld play, the Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system
- Features a sleek, unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built-in +Control Pad
- Compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode