Israel-based AIR has just unveiled its debut vehicle, the AIR ONE, which is designed to be a sporty, easy-to-operate electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft that can be parked right inside your garage. Best of all, you don’t need to be a pilot either, as it features ‘fly by intent’ software that manages complex functions and navigation, complete with an AI-enabled monitoring system. Read more for additional pictures and information.
The AI-enabled monitoring system performs frequent inspections of the vehicle like a licensed pilot would, thus eliminating checklists for passengers and ensuring the utmost safety, even for riders with minimal training. It has an all-electric powertrain with a range of 110 miles on a single charge and a flight time of 1-hour, while topping out at 155 mph. After landing on just about any flat surface, simply collapse its wings for easy parking. The company is currently working with the FAA to obtain G1 certification, and for those interested, they are accepting pre-orders right now.
- Light as a Smartphone - Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go - The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky - DJI Mini SE's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail - DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance - DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
The future of mobility is in the sky, but to get there we need to build consumer confidence in eVTOLs as a legitimate mode of everyday transport and develop vehicles on a mass-scale to bring that vision to life. AIR ONE is our hat in the ring, simultaneously showing consumers the first in a line of diversified, playful models for personal flight and demonstrating cutting-edge technology that will enable high-volume production and scalability,” said Rani Plaut, AIR’s CEO and Co-Founder.