There’s a backpack helicopter, the US Navy’s Sikorsky MH-53, and then this all-electric aircraft with 7 tail rotors. Inventor Oskar took a standard Mosquito Air kit, powered by a two-stroke engine, and turned it into an electric helicopter using an EMRAX 228 109 kW brushless motor. It started out using a traditional drive-shaft powered tail rotor before it was replaced with multiple smaller rotors powered by separate motors. Read more for a video of it in-action and additional information.
In the end, Oskar realized that he only required four of the 5008 or 5010 size motors with 18″ props to get comparable thrust to the traditional drive-shaft, but the extras were added for additional safety as well as redundancy. Some of the advantages of this setup include being able to autorotate safely to the ground in case of an engine failure, and its independent power enables all of the energy to be used by the main rotor, reducing descent speed by 120 feet per second. Power comes from a 7.8 kWh, 40 kg LiPo battery pack located beneath the seat, good for a flight time for up to 27-minutes.
- 【Altitude Hold Function】Compared with other helicopters,SYMA S107H-R with this function but most of others without this function.it be locked at a certain height when you release the throttle stick, which makes it easier to control the helicopter for beginner and kids.
- 【One Key Take Off/Landing】with these functions,The helicopter will hover at certain altitude automatically after taking off/landing.it is easy to operate for kids and beginers.
- 【Whole Alloy body&Anti-Collision】Whole alloy material weight 0.97LB is very sturdy with longer lifespan, which is suit for kids and beginner to play as no serious damage or dysfunctional appearance after many times crashes.
- 【Full 3.5 Channels & 2 Selectable Frequencies】Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward built-in Gyro to hover in the air.Moves More Flexible and Stable.2 Selectable Frequencies Let You Fly Up To 2 Helicopters At Once.
- 【[Helicopter with several certificates】FCC, CE, ROHS, EN71, EN62115, EN60825, R&TTE, PAHS, HR4040, 6P, ASTM,REACH. Compatible with US standard. It is very safety for kids playing.