Ever wonder what the largest helicopter that the U.S. Navy uses looks like? If so, then look no further than the Sikorsky MH-53E Sea Dragon, which currently has two missions: taking part in the Airborne Mine Counter Measure (AMCM) mission as well as the Navy Vertical Onboard Delivery (VOD) mission. It stands 28-feet tall, measures 99-feet in length, and has a max gross weight of 69,750-pounds with a top speed of 172 mph. Read more for two videos and additional information.
This helicopter incorporates several technologies, including Global Positioning System (GPS), Doppler radar, and an Approach/Hover/Tow Coupler. Communications include Ultra High Frequency (UHF)/ Very High Frequency (VHF)/ High Frequency (HF) radios, secure communications capability, and Identified Friend or Foe (IFF). The MH-53E Sea Dragon will perform the Airborne Mine Countermeasures (AMCM) mission until at least 2025. Currently out of production. The Navy is in the process of evaluating its requirement for both AMCM and VOD missions beyond 2025.
- 【Altitude Hold Function】Compared with other helicopters,SYMA S107H-R with this function is not available in most of them.It can be locked at a certain height when you release the throttle stick, which makes it easier to control the helicopter for beginner and kids.
- 【One Key Take Off/Landing】with these functions,The helicopter will hover at certain altitude automatically after taking off/landing.it is easy to operate for kids and beginners.
- 【Whole Alloy body&Anti-Collision】Whole alloy material weight 0.97LB is very sturdy with longer lifespan, which is suit for kids and beginners to play. No serious damage or dysfunctional appearance after many times crashes.
- 【Full 3.5 Channels & 2 Frequencies Selective】Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward built-in Gyro to hover in the air. Moves More Flexible and Stable. 2 Frequencies Selective Let You Fly Up To 2 Helicopters At Once.
- 【Helicopter with several certificates】FCC, CE, ROHS, EN71, EN62115, EN60825, R&TTE, PAHS, HR4040, 6P, ASTM,REACH. Compatible with US standard. It is very safe for kids to play.