AMD is officially the first semiconductor company to use 6nm multi-chip module (MCM) technology with their Instinct MI200 Series. These accelerators are all based on AMD CDNA 2 architecture, providing up to 4.9X better performance than its competitors for double precision (FP64) HPC applications, as it surpasses 380 teraflops of peak theoretical half-precision (FP16) for AI workloads to enable disruptive approaches in further accelerating data-driven research. Read more for a video and additional information.
When you combine AMD’s Instinct MI200 series accelerators with their third-generation EPYC CPUs and the ROCm 5.0 open software platform, research teams will be able be able to make new discoveries for the exascale era, whether it be for climate change or vaccine research. For those who don’t know about the ROCm platform, it’s essentially built on the foundation of open portability, thus offering support to environments across multiple accelerator vendors and architectures.
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
AMD Instinct MI200 accelerators deliver leadership HPC and AI performance, helping scientists make generational leaps in research that can dramatically shorten the time between initial hypothesis and discovery. With key innovations in architecture, packaging and system design, the AMD Instinct MI200 series accelerators are the most advanced data center GPUs ever, providing exceptional performance for supercomputers and data centers to solve the world’s most complex problems,” said Forrest Norrod, senior vice president and general manager, Data Center and Embedded Solutions Business Group, AMD.