Photo credit: Ian “RendersByIan” Zelbo
Apple speculator Jon Prosser has allegedly come across some information about the upcoming M2-powered MacBook Air, and it’s rumored that it could be released in new colors, similar to the 2021 iMac. From these renders, we see that it no longer has the famous wedge design, and opts for a flatter chassis similar to that of the MacBook Pro, although it should be considerably thinner than its larger counterpart. Read more for a video and additional information.
No details were provided about the ports, but it should still have USB-C, with the MacBook Pro getting a plethora of new ones, including MagSafe. There should be a thinner screen bezel, while the bottom section replaces the rubber feet in the corners with two vertical strips. When should you expect this model to hit stores? Some time in late 2021 or early 2022.
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.