California-based Archer unveils its Maker electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft (eVTOL) earlier this week at the Hawthorne Hangar Operations. To bring this aircraft to life, a 2,400-square-foot extended reality (XR) volume space was built that simulated a commercial flight and demonstrated how Archer will shape the next era of travel by transforming how people approach everyday activities. This mass shared simulation using the film industry’s most cutting edge technology allowed attendees to virtually ride Archer’s aircraft. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
The first demonstrator aircraft has a 60 mile range and can hit a top speed of 150mph. Archer expects this aircraft to begin servicing airports in United Airline’s major hubs by 2024 at the earliest. Using this aircraft to fly routes between Hollywood and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) could reduce CO2 emissions by up to 50 percent per passenger.
- 【One Key Take-Off/Landing】This RC Helicopter is equipped with the latest Gyroscope technology. No Assembly required. You can play it easily with 1-Key Take-Off/Landing and trim control to correct drifting and tilting.
- 【Altitude Hold & Non-jamming Function】The RC airplane has altitude hold function. With the advanced barometric pressure technology, it could hover at a certain altitude automatically after taking off. Equipped with a 2.4GHz remote control system, it can offer a stable signal and it has a non-jamming function to prevent signal interference when multiple helicopters flying together.
- 【Modular Batteries】Each set of aircraft is equipped with latest modular batteries for long periods of flight.You can have fun with the remote control helicopter after charging battery
- 【Long Remote Control Distancewith LED Lights】You can control the RC toy helicopter to fly within a 98.4-131.2 feet wide range! With the bright LED light, you can even fly it in the dark. You are no longer limited by the venue or the time!
- 【Fun for All Ages & Ooccasion】This model is an ideal recreational toy for beginners, advanced and professionals. It’s easy to figure out even with so many functions. Both children and adults will love it for sure!
Archer has a big, bold company vision and our approach to this milestone moment had to match that. We wanted to deliver an experience that went beyond the conventions of normal product launches and to bring together a unique group of partners to create something truly immersive for our audience,” said Louise Bristow, who leads Marketing and Communications for Archer and assembled the creative team.