Spacebit Mission One will be the UK’s first planned robotic lunar mission, and the main objective is to deliver the Asagumo lunar rover Moon’s surface as well as demonstrating a new lunar exploration technology related to lunar lava tubes. This solar-powered rover is built on a single-unit CubeSat frame traditionally used for small satellites, and it weighs in at just 2.9-pounds. Rather than wheels or tracks, it uses four spider-like legs for mobility. Read more for a video and additional information.
Its unique design makes the rover very inexpensive to build, and its four legs allow it to easily traverse rugged terrain with ease as well as accessing surfaces that are inaccessible to standard rovers. However, the company may eventually build rovers with both legs and wheels. The company tested Asagumo in Japan’s Komokado Kazaana cave to study lava tubes, which could resemble the ones found on the lunar surface.
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man's historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It's packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
- Designed for Lego 10266,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
This ‘test-drive’ was definitely symbolic for expressing the rover’s tight connection to its Japanese name. Asagumo’s lava tubes exploration is a huge step not only for Spacebit but for lunar technology and development advancement,” said the company.