We have seen the future of Amazon warehouses, and they’re filled with Boston Dynamics and OTTO Motors robots. The two companies have just released a video showing Boston Dynamics’s logistics robot, Handle, picking up boxes and building pallets on top of OTTO AMRs in a distribution center testbed, showcasing warehouse automation. Read more for the video and additional information.
For those who have never heard of OTTO Motors, they’re a company focused on solving the problem of moving goods in the warehouse through autonomoous mobile robots like the OTTO 1500, providing mission-critical deliveries within a variety of industrial environments.
- Who doesn't love robots? Introduce kids to the creative world of coding with the best educational STEM toys to foster their curiosities. Building, learning, and programming robots has never been more fun!
- Includes 847 LEGO pieces that kids can build and rebuild into 5 cool multifunctional models. The best and most popular robotics toys for 7-12 year old boys and girls who love to tinker and learn about science. Use the latest tech like color, distance and tilt sensors.
- Construct and code Vernie the Robot to dance, rock out on the Guitar4000, foster Frankie the Cat, interact with the Autobuilder, or explore a new discovery with the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4). The IQ-boosting activities are endless!
- Vernie the Robot stands over 10" (27cm) tall, Guitar4000 over 1” (5cm) high, 16” (42cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide, Frankie the Cat over 6” (17cm) tall, AutoBuilder over 10” (27cm) high, M.T.R.4 over 4” (12cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- A tablet or mobile phone is required, but not included. Compatible with selected iOS, Android, Kindle and Windows 10 devices with BLE 4.1 and newer. Compatible with select mobile devices.
We’ve built a proof of concept demonstration of a heterogeneous fleet of robots building distribution center orders to provide a more flexible warehouse automation solution. To meet the rates that our customers expect, we’re continuing to expand Handle’s capabilities and optimizing its interactions with other robots like the OTTO 1500 for warehouse applications,” said Boston Dynamics VP of Product Engineering Kevin Blankespoor.