H/T: Car Scoops
If you happened to be at the 2017 Defense and Security Equipment International trade show, the Bowler Rapid Intervention Vehicle (RIV) concept might look familiar. It was developed to not only showcase Bowler’s capability and expertise gained from thirty years campaigning at the top of extreme off-road motorsport activities, but also its Cross Sector Platform (CSP). This is the company’s answer to the requirement for a common versatile platform with modular subsystems and components designed to cater to a range of potential customers, including defense and emergency services. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
This particular CSP chassis is powered by a V6 engine producing 300 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque, ensuring smooth travel just about over any terrain thanks in part to the long travel independent suspension as well as high / low range all-wheel-drive system. Drive is channeled using ZF’s highly rated 8HP transmission, while payload is rated at 4,409-pounds, complete with seating for four adults. More information here.
- Build and experience an iconic supercar—the LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!
- 2-in-1 LEGO Technic set: rebuilds into a Hot Rod replica model
- This collectible car model features a large rear wing, 4 tailpipes, black spoked rims with low-profile tires, working steering and visible moving V8 pistons
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide Hot Rod measures over 3” (8cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide 579 pieces – For boys and girls aged 9+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
Although the vehicle is not road legal, it runs and drives very well and with its engine and powertrain being sourced from Land Rover, spares and service items are available globally. It is the result of significant research and development, completely unique and would make a wonderful addition to any existing collection of military vehicles, or indeed as an extremely capable way of navigating one’s private estate,” according to RM Sothebys.