When you take a lowrider and combine it with a camper van, River City Rod’s “Brown Sugar” is the result. Based on a 1983 Chevy C30 and built for the 2019 SEMA show, it’s powered by a GM-sourced 5.3L LS V8 iron-block engine, mated to a 4L80E automatic transmission. GSI was contacted to provide the front suspension as well as the steering. Read more for a video tour, additional pictures and information.
If you thought its exterior with its plaid keyed to the hockey stripes, is impressive, just wait until you see the interior. Starting things off, there are what appears to be whiskey barrels that actually hide subwoofers, while the sink is made from a vintage Coca-Cola cooler. Adding to the coziness are knotty pine paneling throughout, copper detailing and custom metalwork.
- Build an awesome pickup truck toy with hitch and a caravan trailer with removable roof, opening side and extendable support leg!
- Includes 3 figures: mom, dad and son, plus a crab figure
- Set up the inside of the caravan model by removing the roof and opening the side!
- Pickup measures over 2-inch (7cm) high, 5-inch (13cm) long and 2-inch (6cm) wide Caravan measures over 3-inch (10 cm) high, 7-inch (20cm) long and 2-inch (6cm) wide
- 344 pieces – Pickup truck and trailer toy playset for boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 12 LEGO City building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
Yes, it’s a functional camper, too, and would be sure to make you look twice when taken to any campsite or even just rolling around the highways. For those interested, it will set you back a hefty $179,000 USD, and is being offered by Grand Rapid Classics.