It’s official, the rumored Canon EOS R5 has been officially announced, and it’s a mirrorless camera designed for professional applications. Featuring a new 45-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor that’s driven by the speedy DIGIC X image processor and capable of capturing uncropped 8K video recording up to 29.97 fps. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on, and additional information,
As mentioned before, it can record uncropped 8K RAW internal video at up to 29.97 fps and 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). Other features include a 0.5″ OLED EVF with approximately 5.76 million dots, a 3.2″ 2.1 million dots vari-angle LCD touchscreen, 5GHz Wi-Fi, and 2.4GHz Bluetooth connectivity. Available at the end of this month, priced at $4,999 bundled with a 24-105mm f/4 lens.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible color, clear details, and stunning range
- Vari angle touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high angle and low angle shooting, and reviewing your photos
- Built in high resolution electronic viewfinder features approximately 2,360,000 dots to see high amounts of detail when capturing
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
Canon is also introducing four RF lenses and two RF lens extenders: The Canon RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM, Canon RF600mm F11 IS STM, Canon RF800mm F11 IS STM, and RF85mm F2 MACRO IS STM lenses. All four new lenses were designed to meet the ever-expanding demands of the skilled creatives who capture amazing imagery using EOS R series cameras, including the new EOS R5 and EOS R6,” said the company in a press release.