France-based CARMAT has been developing a total artificial heart that is set to go on sale this year in Europe. This would help patients suffering from advanced heart failure by providing them with either long-term support or to serve as a bridge to a heart transplant. It consists of an implanted prosthesis, external equipment (including batteries), and a hospital care console to track its function. Read more for a video and additional information.
The prosthesis boasts four biological valves to facilitate blood flow, two ventricles, two micro-pumps, and inbuilt sensors to allow the heart to adapt to the patient’s needs at any given time. Last March, the company announced that a patient fitted with their artificial heart had successfully been supported for two years.
- ELEGOO Smart Robot Car: An educational STEM kit beginners (kids) to get hands-on experience about programming, electronics assembling and robotics knowledge. It is an integration solution for robotics learning and made for education.
- Complete Package: Contains 24 kinds of module parts including obstacle avoidance, line tracing module, infrared remote control and also you can control it via phone and tablets of Android and iOS system, etc.
- Easy to Assemble: All the module interface has been modified with XH2. 54 ports as to make it much easier and convenient to assemble the car and reduce the chances for errors.
- Refined Tutorial in CD: HD rendering instructions on how to assemble the robot car from scratch and all the necessary programs and codes are included.
- Upgraded Package Design: More minimalism design and make it a perfect gift for your kids and friends. Note：(Applicable Age : 12+)To use Elegoo starter kits requires basic electronic knowledge. If the user has no experience, it would be better to have someone lead and teach them while studying.
The bridge-to-transplant indication that we got as part of the CE Marking represents hope for patients and a very sizable market opportunity for the Company, as at least 2,000 patients are currently on waiting lists for a heart transplant in Europe, but only a fraction of them is fortunate enough to benefit from a donor graft. In 2021, our intention is to focus our efforts on Germany and France, which account for more than half of these patients. We might also address other countries recognizing the CE marking in a more opportunistic way. I am happy to confirm that we will be ready to start selling our product as early as Q2 2021,” said Stéphane Piat, Chief Executive Officer of CARMAT.