Rare’s GoldenEye 007 made its debut on the Nintendo 64 in 1997, and this first-person shooter was based on the feature film of the same name. The single-player campaign let you assume the role of British Secret Intelligence Service agent James Bond as he fights to prevent a criminal syndicate from using a satellite weapon against London to cause a global financial meltdown. One thing you may not know is that in 2007, there was an HD remaster in the works for Xbox Live Arcade. Read more to watch a full playthrough.
The project was eventually canceled due to copyright disputes, and Grasul00 pieced this together by obtaining several builds of the game from PartnerNet, an Xbox Live sandbox only available to devkit owners. Aside from the polished graphics, the levels remain exactly as you remember, complete with the sound effects. If the copyright holders work together, we could see this on Xbox Series X eventually.
- Hd audio and video (720p) with 16: 9/ 4: 3 Switch (HD cable only)
- High compatibility with (NTSC/PAL) NES, Super NES/Super Famicom, and Genesis/Mega drive cartridges
- Hyperkin-engineered perfect pin (patent pending) Technology sets a new standard for state-of-the-art, high-quality pins
- Comes with a "Scout" And a "Squire" Premium classic-style Controller, Controller ports support compatible controllers for each Console
- Includes AV ports with AV cable, 3 ft. Hd cable, 6 ft. Micro charge cable and AC Adapter