You can either demolish a building and rebuild it elsewhere, move the structure piece-by-piece, or use specialized robotic legs. Engineers in China chose the latter, and attached 198 robotic legs onto the bottom of an 85-year-old historical school building in Shanghai. In the span of around 3-weeks, it managed to move 62 meters, a few inches at a time. These legs mimicked human feet and this walking function saved them 20% more time compared to other methods. Read more for a video and additional information.
Lagena Primary School was originally built in 1935 and just recently, it required the move to make way for a new commercial center. A structure of this size requires lots of room to get around, but fortunately, they were able to slightly rotate the building to make it all fit in the end.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others
We will transform the school into a building integrating cultural education and intangible heritage preservation, involving both culture and innovation,. We hope to revitalize the old building,” said Li Jianfeng, general manager of the project.