Inventor Colin Furze is back at it again, and this time, he decided to use Gravity Industries’ Daedalus Flight Pack to bring the Back to the Future 2 hoverboard to life. How does this jetpack work? Well, both the jet engines and power source are attached to a metal frame the wearer straps to their back. It currently maximum flight time of 10 minutes, thanks to six micro-gas turbines. Read more for a video and additional information.
For those interested in getting their own jetpack, it’ll set you back around $250,000 USD, but the price is expected to come down when full production begins. It can reportedly reach altitudes of 2000-feet, though standard use would be traveling at around 10-13 feet above the ground. However, Gravity Industries founder Richard Browning will carefully examine, and possibly even require a special license, before selling to any potential customers.
- Head Back to the Future in the iconic, time-traveling DeLorean!
- Complete with working lights and the must-have flux capacitor, the DeLorean is ready to go once Dr. Emmett Brown arrives with the plutonium cores!
- Then the action begins as Marty McFly and the good doctor travel back in time, along with trusty old Einstein. The duo is sporting their 1985 outfits
- Set includes the DeLorean, Marty McFly, Dr. Emmett Brown, Einstein the dog, skateboard, flux capacitor, plutonium cores and case, and lots of other accessories
- Recommended for ages six years and up