Photo credit: Wayne Jung
Wouldn’t it be great if electric cars could charge themselves while you’re driving? Meet the Mercedes-Benz Redsun. Designed by Wayne Jung, the shape of this futuristic hypercar was inspired by the Mercedes logo and has a body covered in red-colored solar panels. The entire solar array automatically tracks then when the vehicle is parked for maximum energy collection. Read more for additional pictures and information.
All of the electric motors are built directly into the wheel hubs, complete with two different electric poles at the end, so when power reaches the coils, it begins spinning due to the electromagnetic field. The exposed chassis ensures that the powertrain receives proper airflow, while on the inside, there’s a “hovering” chair attached to the center frame.
- It’s always race day with this 2-in-1 LEGO Technic Dragster pull-back toy car that rebuilds into a cool Hot Rod!
- Kids can learn how a dragster works, then lock in the wheelie bar to perform heart-pumping wheelies, or attempt to win the speed record!
- Pull back and release, it really is that simple; even young racers will be able to recreate the thrill and speed of race day, and they can rebuild their Dragster into a pull-back LEGO Hot Rod!
- This 2-in-1 LEGO Technic car racing toy sparks imagination, offers endless build-and-play fun, and is a creativity-filled holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kids ages 7+ who like building challenges, hot rods and pull-back toy cars
- When built, the LEGO Dragster measures over 12” (32cm) long, 4” (12cm) high and 3” (10cm) wide, making this building toy just the right size for race-day role-play