Photo credit: Facebook
In England, the government is now allowing groups of up to 6 people meet outside in parks or private gardens as long as you follow the guidance and remain 6-feet apart. Most are following the guidelines, but at least one group decided to descend upon the old Chinnor quarry in Oxfordshire, which is also known as the “Blue Lagoon”, but not for the reasons you may think. Many were photographed jumping off the cliff edges into the water and going for a leisurely swim. Read more for a drone video and additional information.
At first glance, this may appear to be a tropical paradise, especially during the summer, but the quarry’s deep turquoise water is misleading. It contains highly alkaline substances, and can cause serious health issues for some. To top it off, these groups of people had absolutely no concern for social distancing.
- EDUCATIONAL TOYS: Welcome to the exciting world of water! Using the bubbles and water kit, children can make dancing bubbles, color-changing flowers, a water tornado, and the fish that doesn't get wet.
- EASY TO USE: The 23 kids STEM experiments and 19 real lab tools allow your kids to explore the science behind aquatic. The kids can perform amazing experiments and experience in their aqua lab! STEM kits are a fun way to work and learn through purposeful science-based play.
- LEARN & PLAY: STEM at play kits bring science concepts to life through hands-on activities designed to spark interest, inspire confidence, prompt creative critical-thinking skills while fostering collaboration between children and adults. STEM at play kits provides materials to support scholastic goals while keeping at-home learning fun.
- AT HOME STEM ACTIVITIES: The 32-page fact-filled colorful lab guide is jam-packed scientific principles, pictures, and information that will keep your kid busy with fun for HOURS in the comfort of your home.
- HANDS-ON LEARNING: STEM at Play kits prepares your kid for the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) career by bringing science concepts to life through hands-on learning. Your child will learn new scientific facts and real STEM careers while having fun learning about water.
Do not enter water due to high pH levels. This can cause skin and eye irritations, stomach problems, fungal infections such as thrush, other infections such as rashes. Think! Would you swim in ammonia (pH 11.5) or bleach pH (12.6)? Well these are similar to the Blue Lagoon – pH 11.3)!,” reads the warning sign.