Even though Marty McFly popularized the hoverboard in Back to the Future II, such a device was actually first described by author M. K. Joseph in a 1967 science fiction novel. While marketing Back to the Future II in the 1990s there, director Robert Zemeckis claimed that hoverboards were in fact real, but not marketed because they were deemed too dangerous by parents’ groups. One inventor, Hunter Kowald, decided to make his dream a reality in a drone-inspired sort of way. Read more for two videos and additional information.
At first glance, this invention may appear to be a giant drone, but it’s a hoverboard capable of lifting up to 500-pounds, thanks to its rigid carbon fiber structure and components. Despite how it looks, this hoverboard is as safe as can be, since it can still land even with two of its motors fail. Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on if Hunter plans on creating a production model.
- Superior Technology: Stable self-balancing technology enables to move effortlessly. The high-power hub motor and spindle-shaped tread design help achieve more flexible steering. With Smart Battery Management System and UL 2272 provide dual protection
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: With uniquely designed ambient and tail lights to keep you safe in the dark. The rubber tires are designed to improve stability, steering capabilities, and combined with slip-resistance on the pads bring maximum comfort and fun.
- Easy to Learn: The Segway Drift W1 e-skates are very easy to pick up and learn. With superior technology, just step on and get going effortlessly in minutes. It's lightweight and convenient to carry in a bag or in your hand to bring anywhere.
- Powerful Performance: A single fully charged battery can run up to 45 minutes and top speed of 7.5 mph. For both adults and children, single e-skate weighs 7.7 lbs but can carry a max payload of 220 lbs. IP54 enable you to ride in all weather conditions.
- Quality Assurance: The 10mm silicone bumpers at each end are designed to protect your product from bumps and scratches. One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts, please refer to warranty information in product details below.
I’ll never be able to explain the insane amount of work this took. People told me you can’t break the laws of physics. and well.. after a global effort of custom part manufacturing and plenty spontaneous fires & explosions… watch me dance,” said Kowald on Instagram.