Blaze Entertainment’s all-new Evercade VS aims to bring back some of that retrogaming magic that modern consoles just can’t replicate. It offers support for up to four players simultaneously via using the proprietary Evercade VS USB Controller or third-party USB and wireless controllers, including the Xbox Adaptive controller as well as the 8bitdo wireless controllers. The two cartridge slots are to play fully licensed, curated, collectible game packages, complete with a retro-styled box and manual. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Currently, there’s already an existing library of over 260 games across over 20+ cartridges available, and the dual cartridge slots allows players to have up to 40 games loaded up at all times. All of this information will be displayed on-screen with a new and improved UI with full visual features including screen filters, sorting options, and resolution. It’s powered by a 1.5Ghz quad-core CPU and 512MB DRAM. The $99.99 USD console will be available for pre-order on May 28, with shipments beginning in early November 2021.
- HD audio and video (720p), 16:9/4:3 aspect ratio switch (Patent Pending)
- High compatibility for NTSC AND PAL SNES cartridges (via bottom case switch)
- Hyperkin-engineered Pin Perfect (Patent Pending) technology sets a new standard for state-of-the-art, high-quality pins.
- (2) x "Scout" premium classic-style controller (8 ft. cable)
- 3 ft. HD cable, 6 ft. Micro USB charge cable with USB AC adapter, AV ports with AV cable
This is a hugely exciting time for the Evercade, with new carts, new hardware and improved software becoming available. When we began this project we believed that a physical-only console would work in an increasingly digital world and the reaction has been amazing. Today we move this to the next level,” said Andrew Byatt, Managing Director of Blaze Entertainment.