Photo credit: Abramjee
No, this isn’t a scene from an upcoming Hollywood movie, but an actual cash-in-transit robbery that took place on the N4 in Pretoria, South Africa. The biggest takeaway is that not only do these vehicles need bulletproof windows, but insanely good driving skills as well as nerves of steel, to survive such a raid. The two guards were driving normally on the road when armed robbers opened fire on their cruiser using an assault rifle that was aimed directly at the driver. Read more for the dashcam footage.
The extremely high-grade bulletproof windows were able to stop these high-powered rounds and the driver of the vehicle knew exactly how to handle this situation since he used to be on the police task force. For those wondering what happened at the very end of the video, the robbers simply ran off when the driver came out of the Landcruise with guns blazing, leaving empty handed.
- 【Dual 1080P dash cam】The front and rear camera simultaneously capture the road front (155°) and rear (126°) in crystal details at Dual 1920x1080p 30fps. Or single front Camera provides you with a crystal clear QHD [email protected] video resolution.
- 【Superior Sony Night Vision】Dual industry-leading Sony sensor(front IMX307 rear IMX323) improves low light sensitivity allowing clear imaging in low light environments; The combination F1.8 and 6-glass lens record a clear, visible video day or night.
- 【Wi-Fi dash cam & VAVA Dash APP】Connected the mobile phone and the dash cam via built-in wifi, By the ”VAVA Dash” app, allows you to configure the dash cam, download and saved footage's, incidents to smart phone, then share it on social media anywhere anytime.
- 【24 Hours Parking monitor】 The dash cam monitors your car’s surroundings while your car is parked and the engine is off, functioning as a surveillance camera system and automatically recording video upon detecting any bumps.
- 【Smart Witness for Accidents】When the built-in G-sensor detects a sudden shock or collision, the camera will automatically loop record driving incidents and lock video which can be used as important evidence for insurance claims.
On Thursday, 22 April, a group of men tried to rob a CIT vehicle on the N4 in Pretoria. The suspects fired several shots at the CIT vehicle in an attempt to stop it during a high speed chase. The driver of the CIT vehicle managed to evade the robbers for a while but later stopped in wait for the robbers. The robbers fled without taking any money. No arrests have yet been made,” said National Police spokesman, BrigadierVish Naidoo.