Inventor Matthew Perks is back at it again, and this time, he’s successfully built a working submarine with full buoyancy control. Now before you get too excited, this isn’t something a person can dive in, but rather a smaller model that comes equipped with large syringe-like devices in the fore and aft to compress or decompress water. Read more for a video and additional information.
The 3D-printed actuators double as plungers that travel on a lead screw, while dual high-torque motors and acrylic encased batteries finish off the build. Let’s just say that this isn’t something you want to test at home due to its size, although the water pumps that act as thrusters should be enough to propel it through a small pond or lake.
- The stunning, build-and-display LEGO Marvel Infinity Gauntlet (76191) captures forever the captivating style of Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame movies
- This authentic, golden LEGO brick recreation of the iconic Infinity Gauntlet includes colorful Infinity Stones and a sturdy stand featuring a descriptive tablet
- This 590-piece model gives adult Marvel fans the opportunity to immerse themselves in creative construction and recreate one of comic-book culture’s most recognizable, and most devastating, weapons
- This stand-out, build-and-display piece makes a great birthday gift, holiday present or personal treat for any model-making enthusiast or adult fan of the Marvel Universe
- Measuring over 12.5 in. (31 cm) high, 5 in. (13 cm) wide and 4 in. (11 cm) deep, this fascinating model provides an attractive conversation piece, whether displayed in your home or workplace