China is reportedly working on a hypersonic plane, based on the now defunct Boeing Manta X-47C program. More specifically, Tang’s Two-Stage Vehicle (TSV) X-plane design, which consists of two separate engines on each side. When traveling at lower speeds, the engines function as standard turbine jet engines. Since there are no moving parts, this design enables the aircraft to quickly switch to high-speed mode to accelerate to over five times the speed of sound. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Scientists in China managed to construct a prototype based on Tang’s original specifications, thanks to the blueprints for the Boeing Manta X-47C program being declassified in 2011. This prototype was then tested in a wind tunnel that allows testing in conditions resembling flight at Mach 4 to Mach 8. Officials hope to have a fleet of these aircraft ready by 2035, and a larger 100 passenger version by 2045.
- Light as a Smartphone - Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go - The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky - DJI Mini SE's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail - DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance - DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.