Just when you thought 4K drones couldn’t get any smaller, the DJI Mini 2 is unveiled. Successor to DJI’s original Mavic Mini, this upgraded model offers improved imaging capabilities, powerful flight performance, and significantly enhanced transmission technology for a longer as well as more reliable connection. One such features are new pre-programmed modes that have been optimized to capture amazing footage at the push of a button. OcuSync 2.0, DJI’s famed transmission technology responsible for ensuring stable, long distance, and reliable connection between the remote controller and the drone, has now been integrated. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on review, additional pictures and information.
Its 1/2.3-inch sensor is capable of capturing 12-megapixel images and recording a maximum video resolution of 4K/30fps @ 100 Mbps. You can save images in standard JPEG or RAW for advanced users who want to further edit their photos. To ensure shake-free, smooth footage, a class-leading 3-axis gimbal was incorporated, so you won’t have to worry about drone movement, wind, and more. When recording in 1080p resolution, get close-up shots with its 4X Zoom (2X lossless in quality) option. Available now, priced from $449 for the drone itself or $599 to get the Fly More Combo, which includes three batteries, a charging hub, and a carrying case.
- 【POCKET-SIZED】: DJI Pocket 2 weighs only 116 g and offers up to 140 minutes of battery life. It fits perfectly in the palm of your hand so that you can take it anywhere. DJI Pocket 2 turns on in a second so you can capture photos and videos in an instant.
- 【MOTORIZED STABILIZATION】: A 3-axis gimbal stabilizes the camera for smooth video on the move. This technology is also great for a crisp photo at any time. The gimbal keeps the camera steady, even for long-exposure shots and in low-light environments.
- 【HIGH IMAGE QUALITY】: An upgraded 1/1.7-inch sensor captures images with 64MP photo and 4K video. A sweeping 20mm f/1.8 lens provides a wide, vivid cinematic look.
- 【ENHANCED AUDIO】: Consisting of four microphones, DJI Matrix Stereo offers sound recording in different directions, as well as Audio Zoom and SoundTrack, which enhance audio based on the camera's direction and focus.
- 【GLAMOUR EFFECTS】: Always share your best selfie with Glamour Effects. Boasting a 93° angle view, Pocket 2 allows for more flexible capture and perfectly-composed shots for social media.
Mavic Mini was a monumental breakthrough for DJI and for drone pilots across the world, as its unprecedented combination of weight, safety, performance, and overall value became the entry point for countless new drone pilots and fans. DJI Mini 2 enhances those key aspects, packing larger drone performance in an approachable, small design in the safest drone category that is perfect for beginners and will also impress more experienced pilots,” said DJI President, Roger Luo.