Rarely are foods so hyped that they need to create their own Instagram account, but that’s exactly what happened with Dunk-a-roos. First launched in 1990, they consisted of a snack-sized package with ten small cookies and a side of frosting. As the name implies, the cookies were meant to be dunked into the frosting before eating. They were discontinued in the US some time during 2012, but just today, General Mills announced that they’ll be making a comeback this summer. Read more for a trailer and additional information.
At launch, just the Vanilla Cookies and Vanilla Frosting with Rainbow Sprinkles will be offered, but if they take off, we’ll be sure to see some of the other varieties, including Cinnamon Graham. The cookies were made in a variety of shapes, with the most common being a hot air balloon. Others included a circle with an uppercase “D” in the center, feet, and the mascot in different poses.
- Snack Chest Bulk Sampler includes an assortment of 40 savory snacks in a snack chest gift box
- Perfect care package gift to send to friends and family at camp, or at school
- Snack Chest builds unique & delicious bundles of goodies for everyone to enjoy with the top chip and cookies brands
- A great party box for all occasions and for everybody to enjoy
- All snacks are handpicked & shipped loose in a snack chest gift box. In certain cases based upon availability some snacks might be replaced
For those who grew up in the ‘90s, the original cookie-frosting combo represents the taste, color and fun of being a kid during that decade. We know there’s a lot of love for Dunkaroos, and fans everywhere have been asking for it. We’re excited to help ‘90s kids relive all the best parts of childhood,” said the company.