Your eyes aren’t playing tricks, this is what FromSoftware’s Elden Ring would probably look like on the Nintendo Game Boy. Unlike other demakes, this one, inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, will be playable on the actual handheld console. It features a top-down view where players can explore scrolling environments, complete with a sword slash attack.
The demake is being developed by a fan who goes by “Shin” on Reddit using GB Studio 3.0, and so far, they have released a teaser for the game. It starts off in the Chapel of Anticipation starting area that boasts several tutorial messages and even a pixel art Erdtree. This eventually leads to a battle against a Grafted Scion, which is followed by a game over screen. Love this demake? Check out what BioShock Infinite would look like on the SNES.
- 7-inch OLED screen - Enjoy vivid colors and crisp contrast with a screen that makes colors pop
- Wired LAN port - Use the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode for a wired internet connection
- 64 GB internal storage - Save games to your system with 64 GB of internal storage
- Enhanced audio – Enjoy enhanced sound from the system’s onboard speakers when playing in Handheld and Tabletop modes.
- Wide adjustable stand – Freely angle the system’s wide, adjustable stand for comfortable viewing in Tabletop mode. Nintendo Switch – OLED Model supports all Joy-Con controllers and Nintendo Switch software