Elon Musk’s Neuralink has just released a video of its nine-year-old monkey named “Pager” playing MindPong using its brain. How is this possible? It has two Neuralink devices implanted in its brain, which can be used to not only play games, but soon, interact with others on Twitch and Discord. However, the monkey does use a joystick at first to interact with the computer for a banana smoothie, delivered through a straw. Read more for the video and additional information.
The Neuralink implant in a human would enable someone with paralysis to use a smartphone with their mind faster than someone using thumbs, according to Elon Musk. MindPong is essentially a tech demo to show the potential capabilities of the N1 Link, and just a small slice of what the company eventually hopes to achieve with their device.
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device