Photo credit: Bloomberg
Facebook Inc. is now officially known as Meta Platforms Inc. and their first hardware product may have leaked well ahead of its official unveiling. This image allegedly shows a smartwatch that somewhat resembles the Apple Watch with its curved edges, but unlike the competition, the Meta Watch boasts a front-facing camera, similar to what you’d find on the front of a smartphone. Read more for a video to see how Facebook users will interact in the metaverse and additional information.
The report claims that Meta will launch this smartwatch as early as 2022, although nothing has yet been confirmed. However, the built-in camera should be able to shoot both photos as well as record videos, just like the Ray-Ban Stories. Other features may include detatchable wrist straps and various cases to protect the face.
- Always-on Retina display has nearly 20% more screen area than Series 6, making everything easier to see and use
- The most crack-resistant front crystal yet on an Apple Watch, IP6X dust resistance, and swimproof design
- Measure your blood oxygen with a powerful sensor and app
- Take an ECG anytime, anywhere
- Get high and low heart rate, and irregular heart rhythm notifications
Photo credit: Mark Zuckerberg
Our corporate structure is not changing, however, how we report on our financials will. Starting with our results for the fourth quarter of 2021, we plan to report on two operating segments: Family of Apps and Reality Labs. We also intend to start trading under the new stock ticker we have reserved, MVRS, on December 1,” said the company.