Photo credit: TheSupercarDriver
Ferrari only made 349 examples of the F50, making this mid-engine supercar a timeless classic. First introduced in 1995, this two-door, two seat berlinetta is powered by a naturally aspirated 4.7L Tipo F130B 60-valve V12 engine, derived from the 3.5 L V12 used in the 1990 Ferrari 641 Formula One car, generating 514 hp and 347 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Read more for Doug DeMuro’s review of this vehicle.
There was also a Ferrari F50-based F50 GT, developed in collaboration with its racing partners Dallara and Michelotto, to compete in GT1-class racing. Modifications to the base F50 include a fixed roof, a large rear spoiler, new front spoiler, adjustable suspension system, Speedline racing alloy wheels with racing slicks and a large rear diffuser. Plus, the 4.7L V12 engine in the F50 GT was tuned to produce 739 hp at 10,500 rpm. Unfortunately, Ferrari cancelled the F50 GT project due to entry of purpose built racing cars in competition such as the Porsche 911 GT1 and due to lack of funding, instead focusing on F1. Three complete vehicles were built – the test car 001, 002 and 003, but only chassis 002 and 003 had bodies fitted before being sold.
- This spectacular toy playset featuring a brilliantly detailed Ferrari F8 Tributo is an ideal gift for those with a passion for building LEGO replica model cars and using them to stage their own races
- Includes a building kit of a Ferrari F8 Tributo model and 1 collectible Ferrari racing driver minifigure
- The first ever opportunity to build a car toy replica of the super-fast Ferrari F8 Tributo, which kids can display home or use to have exciting races with their friends!
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari model car kit offers endless build-and-play racing fun and makes an action-packed holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kid ages 8+ who love Ferraris, model cars, racecars and racing toys
- The Ferrari F8 Tributo measures 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide: all 2020 LEGO Speed Champions are 25% bigger, meaning the toy model cars reflect the real-life versions better than ever before!