The Flowcopter hydraulic drone is unlike any other that you’ve probably seen, as it can lift up to 330-pounds over a maximum of 560-miles. Unfortunately, this means that this is not an all-electric drone, but rather one that uses bent-axis hydraulic motors. More specifically, a Rotax aviation engine is run through a digital displacement pump that regulates pressure to hydraulic motors that drive each propeller.
This means that it can make near instant torque adjustments and is capable of being used in rough environments that electric models typically cannot operate in. The current prototype has successfully lifted 95 kg (209 lb) of attached weights, while its Digital Displacement Pump features high bandwidth control of 4 independent motors for altitude control. Who knows? The volcano chef could use one of these drones to drop off supplies in the future.
- Light as a Smartphone - Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go - The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky - DJI Mini SE's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail - DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance - DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
Our platform is driven by proven Digital Displacement transmission technology, offering a solution that is significantly lighter, more robust and lower cost than an equivalent pure electric transmission. We combine this with a light aircraft, type-certified engine, enabling long endurance flight for a multitude of applications. Our hybrid platform is substantially more capable than any large drone on the market today, or in the near future,” said the company.